2017 Track Rules
2017 SECA Crate Late Model Rules
2017 Four Cylinder Rules
2017 Front Wheel Drive Rules
We will use SCDRA Rules. Rules taken from http://scdra.net/rules.htm
2017 General Rules
– Must be a stock 4 cylinder car
– No turbo or rotary engines allowed
– Stock-type fuel injection or stock manufactured carburetor only (Motorcraft, etc…).
ONE 0.800″ maximum throttle body spacer may be used. No Holley, Weber or other racing
Carburetor must be stock for engine.
– Motor must be stock appearing and in stock location
– Motor must match car (ex. Honda must have Honda engine)
– Any air or oil filters (K&N, etc.)
– No cold air intakes for fuel injections – must be stock type breather system. A flexible rubber
or plastic hose may be used in place of the stock airbox tube. No smooth metal or smooth
plastic tubing allowed. A cone type filter is allowed and may be connected
directly to throttle body or the allowed tubes.
– Aftermarket radiators okay – radiators can be braced for support
– No aftermarket (racing) headers. Factory production header allowed
without any tuning alterations.
– Computer may be chipped and/or tuned.
NOTE: It is helpful to have a manual for your make and model car or
truck if you are concerned that a question will come up in post race
– All cars must weigh 2,200 pounds with car and driver after the race
Exceptions: 50 lb. weight break for HANS or like device
50 lb. weight break for containment seat
Body / Wheel / Tire Rules:
– Any front or rear wheel drive car or truck
– No all-wheel drive cars / trucks or all wheel steer cars
– Must have stock rear and front suspensions as from factory
– No racing springs (lowering) or shocks allowed
– Stock production cars only
– Mirrors are allowed
– Must have a quality welded 4 point roll cage inside the car with a
minimum of 0.95″ thickness tubing – SCDRA has final say in safety of
– Minimum 3 door bars / 2 side door bars – 6 point cages okay
– No push bars past firewall
– Spoked aftermarket wheels allowed – 7 inch maximum
– Street legal DOT tires required. No drag radials, mud grip lug tires,
racing tires or racing recapped tires allowed
– Tires can be mixed and matched for stagger – any standard DOT
street tire – Regular car tires only – No Hoosier street tires or racing
recaps – must be standard street tires. Directional tires are allowed.
– Aftermarket nose pieces allowed
– 6 inch metal support to extend out behind nosepiece or to hold grill
in place allowed
– No push bars to extend beyond nose piece.
– RACING (not motorcycle) helmet, SA 2005 or newer is required.
– Minimum single-layer fire suit required (SA 3.2A specification recommended).
– Fire proof gloves strongly recommended (SFI 3.3 specification recommended).
– A 4 or 5 point harness, properly mounted per manufacturers specifications, is required.
Must have been manufactured in the last 5 years. Any worn, abraded or torn belts shall be
– A minimum 5 lb fire extinguisher is recommended and should be securely mounted within
– Only racing-type seats, properly mounted per manufacturers specifications, are allowed.
A full containment seat is strongly recommended. Cars equipped with full containment seats
will receive a 50 lb weight break.
– A head and neck restraint system (SFI 16.1 compliant) is strongly recommended. Drivers using
a head and neck restraint will receive a 50 lb weight reduction.
– Racing fuel cell and window nets are highly recommended.
– SCDRA has final ruling on all questions of legality. A pre-race
inspection will be made to ensure SAFETY only.
– Questions of legality can and will be answered during the pre-race
inspection if asked by entrant. No guarantee of legality shall be
expressed or implied during pre-race inspection. Legality will be
determined in POST-race inspection.
– Competitors must present cars for inspection prior to participating in
any racing event.
– No radios allowed
– RACEceivers or a like device is mandatory at all times on track.